Enhanced Caller ID provides voice notifications for your incoming calls.
Caller ID through bluetooth currently does not work on Android 4+, Sorry.
- Talking caller id (once or loop).
- Can be configured to reads the incoming callers name, nickname or
number. Name/Nickname feature requires the caller be a saved Google contact.
The new feature for looking up unknown caller names and reading them out, works even if the caller is not in your phones' address book! The only prerequisite is that the call is coming from a listed phone number. If you notice any problems, do not hesitate to send me the problem phone number. This feature will also post a notification to the status bar to help you easily create a contact for that particular caller.
- Obeys your ringer settings! Silent ringer disables voice notifications.
Ignoring an incoming call also disables the voice notifications.
- Caller ID notifications over call waiting.
- Screen unknown and/or private callers. Unknown callers are those
callers not in your contacts, while private callers are callers that
block their phone numbers.
- Automatically looks up names for unknown caller (non-blocked) callers (More information below!).
- English/Spanish/Czech/German/Swedish/Russian/Italian/Polish/Hungarian localization.
- Reverse lookup feature! Easily enter a number and attempt to resolve it to an actual name and address.
- Can start on phone power on.
- Can be configured to silence incoming calls when the phone is placed face down!
- Shake to silence talking caller ID (and optionally ringer) when you are not using a headset.
- Toggle voice notifications on a per contact basis (and optionally mute the ringer).
- Streams through a wired or (most) wireless headset (Bluetooth headsets
require A2DP compatibility, other bluetooth headsets will not work).
- Quiet time feature! Set a time interval where the phone should not provide spoken notifications.
- Lots of other configuration options for you to play with.
This feature is currently available in the USA, Canada, Italy, Argentina, Germany, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Finland, Switzerland, and Denmark. Contact me if your country is missing to see if we can add support for your country!